48 Hours in Lausanne – A Guide for Families with young kids (ebook)
Lausanne is a great city to discover with your family. It also offers many advantages when raising kids here: the proximity to nature, the clean water of the lake, the numerous parks and excellent playgrounds but also good quality food options are some of them.
This guide will give you ideas on how to spend 48 hours in and around Lausanne with your young travellers.
Living in Lausanne since 2011, I have the pleasure to keep exploring the region every single day. Since I gave birth to my first son in 2016, I began experiencing the city differently. Gradually I discovered all the kid-friendly spots, noticed when a restaurant was too small inside or had no access for strollers, and spent more time outdoors at parks and playgrounds with take-away food, coffee and pastries.
It’s a whole new world and a beautiful one.
This itinerary is the one I wish I could have in any new place I am now visiting with our two young travellers. Here you will find many family-friendly addresses and ideas to choose from and create your personalised itinerary according to your preferences. Or you can follow the one I created for you if you are not feeling lazy and prefer to pack your luggage and go explore. Your choice!
I hope you will have a lot of fun visiting Lausanne with your family and that you will find this guide useful.
What’s included in the “48 hours in Lausanne – A Guide for Families with young kids” guide (ebook) by Rania Margari
- A two-day itinerary (Saturday & Sunday) guiding you from morning until night around the city, including suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner, great coffee and sweet treats.
- Practical tips
- The “Create Your Own Itinerary” section – a list of family-friendly restaurants, coffee shops, pastry and chocolate shops but also indoor/outdoor activities to choose from and create your personalised itinerary or add a few more days to spend in Lausanne.
Curated Foodie Guide to Lausanne
Here is my curated foodie guide to Lausanne! I have created the guide I wish I had for every new destination for travellers who love food.
My Curated Food Guide to Lausanne consists of a four-day itinerary guiding you from the best breakfast and lunch spots to afternoon coffee, pastries and dinner. It also consists of detailed descriptions of 20+ restaurants, cafes, pastry and chocolate shops, delicatessens, tea shops and picnic spots for those warm, sunny days when all you want to do is stay outside and enjoy nature.
This easy-to-navigate downloadable e-Guide (PDF format) will not add any weight to your luggage (yoo-hoo!) as you can have it on your smartphone or tablet while on the road. All detailed descriptions of the places come with a map which is linked to the actual location on Google Maps where you can easily search for directions. Once you buy your guide, you ‘ll get an email with a link to download your foodie guide. I truly hope you’ll enjoy your stay in Lausanne. Bon Appetit!
What’s included in the Curated Foodie Guide to Lausanne by Rania Margari
- A four-day sample itinerary (Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) guiding you from the best breakfast and lunch spots to afternoon coffee with pastries and dinner.
- Detailed descriptions and photos for 25+ foodie spots, based on interviews I have conducted with their founders.
- The best places to eat, drink coffee and indulge in delicious sweets.
- My favourite picnic spots around town.